Lounge Chair and Ottoman in American cherrywood - des. Charles and Ray Eames, 1956
The Eames Lounge Chair and Ottoman never fail to look great. They are quite simply perfect objects.
Created by Charles and Ray Eames in 1956, the chair was designed with the aim of combining an elegant appearance with ultimate comfort. It has been produced by Vitra using virtually the same methods ever since, and is a great classic of twentieth-century furniture design. Offered in two sizes and various configurations with different types of leather upholstery covers, wooden shells and bases, the Lounge Chair is ideally complemented by the matching Ottoman.
We have one chair and ottoman in stock in cherrywood. If you order these items on this page, this is what you will receive. However there are a variety of leather, wood and base material choices available to order. Please contact email@example.com / 01274 531163 to speak to an expert member of staff who can advise you, or better still visit our vast showroom and come and chat in person!
- Seat and back: moulded plywood, different face veneers. Classic version in American cherry (USA), santos palisander (Bolivia; certified sustainability) or black-pigmented walnut (USA). White version: white-pigmented walnut (USA). Black version: ash with a black lacquer finish (Germany).
- Upholstery/Cover: removable cushion units, covers in leather.
- Seat height: 380 mm (250 mm with applied load, measured in accordance with EN 1335-1:2000).
- Armrests: upholstered in leather, attached to the seat and back shells with shock mounts (bonded rubber and metal connectors).
- Base: five-star swivel base or four-star non-swivel base (Ottoman). Both base and back braces in die-cast aluminium.
- Glides: all bases fitted with hard glides for carpet; felt glides optionally available for hard floors.