Krusin Coffee Table des. Marc Krusin, 2009 (made by Knoll)
Exquisitely made to uncompromising standards, the Krusin is very special. Drawing inspiration from traditional designs, but asserting itself with an industrialised craft aesthetic, no joint is unresolved and no angle unconsidered. The result is a subtle elegance that harmonises with any setting.
The base, available in a broad array of natural woods, with low-sheen and polished finishes, can be paired with a matching wood top or clear glass, leather or a variety of stones.
We're particular fans of Marc Krusin here as he's a graduate of Leeds Metropolitan University which is just 15 minutes on the train from Saltaire station! Since he left Leeds he has conquered the design world, winning multiple awards, working as Piero Lissoni's right hand man in Milan and now running his own design practice in London.
“My intention is always to create visual silence, to create objects which are unobtrusive and which harmonise with their surroundings rather than shout for attention." - Marc Krusin
Pictured here in oak and glass, price £995 plus postage which is calculated at checkout. The Krusin is available to order in a variety of finishes, please contact us for details.
Dimensions: 36 inches wide, 36 inches deep, 10 inches high.
Construction and Details
- Tabletop available in glass, marble, laminate, wood veneer, Spinneybeck® leather and engineered stone
- Veneer and laminate tops are constructed with MDF core with solid lumber edges
- Leather tops are constructed with MDF core wrapped in select Riva leather
- Marble and glass tops are ¾” thick with radius corners. Tops rest within the frame
- Inset tops have threaded inserts to attach to frame
- Frame is select American and European hardwood using dowel and mortise + tenon construction
- 7 low gloss natural wood finishes in White Ash, Oak, and American Walnut with low-sheen urethane coating with conversion varnish top coat and a hand applied final wax coating
- 12 beech frame stains with catalyzed lacquer protective coating and a hand applied final wax coating
- Felt glides included with all bases